Friday, June 27, 2008

Say bye-bye to the Pacifier!






Okay, so I know that Braden should have gotten rid of his "papa" a long time ago. But, life got in the way and it hadn't happened yet. And to be honest...I dreaded it. He was so attached to that thing. It was unreal.


So, Wednesday night after I got home from church I decided that the time was right. I took it away and rocked him to sleep. I was sorta shocked. It didn't go as bad as I thought. Oh, but the surprise was the next morning when he went into a screaming fit. We talked and he was okay until bedtime.


That is when I remembered what a precious friend (Stephanie Allen) told me what she did with her little girl. She sent her pacies to the Paci Fairy with balloons and the P. Fairy left her a gift overnight (worth a shot, right?). We talked and I told him the story of the Fairy and he was all aboard. Until he was really sleepy....present or not he wanted the pacifier. But we dozed off and he woke up this morning ready to go get his balloons. We let that sucker go and he even waved bye. He only looked like he was rethinking the whole move only once. But that went when he asked me when he would get his new Thomas the Train.


NO MORE PAPA!!!!! Now stayed tuned for life as a "big boy".

3 comments:

Kori said...

How wonderful. I wish I would have thought of something like the fairy when I took Calob's away. That was one of the toughest thing I think I have ever done.

Shawn Allen said...

Hey Dawn, I'm glad the paci fairy has worked so far for Braden. Mary Beth is doing great without hers!!

Stephanie

Melissa Irvin said...

That is such a WONDERFUL idea! I'm probably going to have to use this when my son gets old enough to get rid of his!